Parents and Carers as Partners
We believe that children benefit the most when parents and staff work together in partnership to ensure quality care and learning for the children. The nursery team welcomes parents as partners and this relationship needs to be built on trust and understanding. It is important that we, as carers, are able to support parents in an open and sensitive manner. A two way sharing of information is key.
We aim to:
- Recognise and support parents as their child’s first and most important educators, and to welcome them into the life of the nursery.
- Generate confidence and encourage parents to trust their own instincts and judgements regarding their own child.
- Maintain regular contact with parents to help us build a secure and beneficial working relationship for their children.
- Support parents in their own continuing education and personal development and inform them of relevant conferences, workshops and training.
- Create opportunities for parents to talk to other adults in a secure and supportive environment through such activities such as ‘Parents Evenings’.
- Inform parents about nursery activities and events through Eylog and regularly distributed newsletters.``
If you have any suggestions or feedback please email us at email@example.com
This is a website for Parents signposting to different services and information: http://www.foundationyears.org.uk/
Inspection reports: http://www.ofsted.gov.uk/
Toilet Training advice: http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/pregnancy-and-baby/pages/potty-training-tips.aspx#close
Settling your child: Information on Separation anxiety
Curriculum framework that we use at Kinderland: EYFS Parents Guide
What to expect, when?http://www.foundationyears.org.uk/files/2015/03/4Children_ParentsGuide_2015_WEB.pdf
Speech and Language advice:
Croydon's Local Offer of Special Needs: https://www.croydon.gov.uk/education/special-educational-needs
30 hours Childcare Choices Top Tips
https://www.childcarechoices.gov.uk/plugins/MuraSimpleDAM/content_types/File_Asset/pdfjs/viewer.html?file=https://www.childcarechoices.gov.uk/communications-toolkit/england/top-things-parents-need-to-know/&contenttitle=Topthings parents need to know
Please feel free to call us on 020 8760 0617 if you would like to be shown around our lovely setting, we'll be more than happy to!
Follow this link if you would like to enquire about a place for your little one:
Alternatively, if you've been shown round and are ready to register your child please follow the link below:
(Please note we will not process your registration form until we have received the £50 registration fee)